Today, I strolled to Gtown on my break and totally not planning on it, bought a little treat: new nail polish.
I wasn't into nail polish until fall of my 4th year at UVa. I was living with two of my best friends and a third friend who turned into one of my best friends by the time our lease was up. One night, we had a complete girls night due to the fact that we had just found out that an ex-boyfriend had gotten engaged. Wine, tequila (what?) chocolate, sad movies, and lo and behold, nail polish. Ever since then, it seriously has been a joy of mine. A quick fix to lift the spirits. It's a "life may be down in the dumps, but we've got our nails painted pink! Get out of my way" type of mentality. Or rather, my nails are painted black! 'Lincoln Park in the Dark' was a personal fave at the time.
So today, I got OPI's 'I'm Fondue of You' from their fall 2008 French collection. I'm seriously thinking that the gals at OPI who get to name nail polish are brilliant. 'Bastille my heart??' 'Louvre me Louvre me not??' I LOVE THESE NAMES.
Friday, January 15, 2010
It is January! It is 2010! Bright new year. What awaits us?
Well, I can definitely tell you what is behind us, or at least me:
1) Men in my office who take newspapers to the bathroom with them. That is so 2009. Actually that is so -- never. Who does that?? This isn't their home. Honestly, I cringe every time I see this old man with a rolled-up paper in his hand walking to the bathroom. I drink a lot of water at work (keeps me awake) and thus have to walk to the restroom a lot myself. No joke, I see the same two guys doing it everyday. Right around 10:00am. Right when the coffee sets in, I suppose. Gross. What is it with men and sitting on the toilet anyway? It smells.
2) Vodka-cranberries. Not good. A real bruiser.
3) Smoky co-workers. I sit right next to one. Secondary smoke causes cancer and makes my eyes water.
4) Crazy driving. I'm going to take it easy this year. Ok, fat chance, but there's always hope.
5) Chris "beat you down" Brown. What a square. I will really miss his music though. I was running on the tread yesterday and "Forever" came on my iPod -- I did do one last, great, 4-minute groove to the beats of CB.
6) My brick Nokia phone. I think I was the last (wo)man standing with one of those. They were so cool in 2003 when we all swapped covers in the high school cafeteria. It's Apple's fault -- I love my iPhone, but parting with my Nokia was such sweet sorrow.